KST – KROMSCHRÖDER SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY
220.127.116.11 Flexible tubing and couplings
Flexible tubing shall comply with the general requirements of 18.104.22.168, together with the following:
- shall be as short as possible;
- shall be suitable for the maximum and minimum working temperatures;
- shall be suitable for a pressure 1,5 times the working operating pressure (with a minimum of 150 mbar), at the maximum and minimum working temperatures;
- shall have a directly accessible, upstream shut-off valve;
- shall be mounted in such a way as to avoid distortion, whiplash and damage;
- shall have end fittings as integral parts of the tubing;
- shall be constructed from suitable material both metallic and/or non metallic selected for the application duty and not be easily damaged.
Couplings for removable equipment shall ensure a gastight connection with the equipment connected and disconnected.
The following chapters are printed with the permission of the DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung e.V. (German Institute for Standardization). For the implementation of the DIN Standard, the version with the most recent issue date is deemed authoritative. This is available from Beuth Verlag GmbH, Burggrafenstrasse 6, 10787 Berlin, Germany.